Our surgeons, at Colorado Ophthalmology Associates, will not approve anyone to have LASIK if they are not a good candidate.
The only way to determine if you are a good LASIK candidate is through a FREE LASIK consultation. Good candidates:
- Are at least 18 years old with a stable glasses prescription for at least 1 year
- Have a glasses prescription that is in the range of possible laser vision correction
- Have vision that is correctable to 20/20 or better
- Have corneas that are thick enough for the procedure
- Have no eye diseases like keratoconus, glaucoma, macular degeneration, or visually significant cataracts.
- Are in good health
What if I am not a LASIK Candidate?
If you are not a good LASIK candidate, we also provide other vision correction procedures that can produce the same result as LASIK. After a full consultation, our surgeons will be able to determine which procedure may be best for you.
- PRK – treats the cornea without the need for a flap
- Implantable Contact Lens (ICLs)– for nearsightedness that is too severe for LASIK or PRK
- Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) – for farsighted patients over the age of 40
Schedule your FREE LASIK Consultation by calling 303-320-1777 to find out if you are a good candidate for LASIK.
Take our Self Evaluation test to see if you are a good candidate for LASIK.